Good Health Insurance Today for a Healthy Tomorrow
Health insurance is a necessity and valuable asset when protecting yourself and your family. The right health insurance plans will protect you from financial hardships if you or a relative gets sick or injured. If you own a business, having the right health insurance for employees will keep office workers happy, productive, and protected.
If you're on the hunt for health insurance, look no further. At Beacon Point Insurance, we work diligently to bring you the best coverage possible.
In this guide, we'll go over your health insurance quotes online and how you can land the best one for you. While your cheapest option may be to enroll in the federal Medicaid program, it may also not be the best health care plan for you.
Here is how to get the best quotes on health coverage today.
Depending on your needs, our health care packages can include:
Is Health Insurance Affordable?
With health insurance options are not always affordable or even practical for your needs. But no one can argue that health insurance is necessary.
While coverage is available through different medical insurance providers, Medicaid is the cheapest option. The downfall of this federally funded program is that it doesn't always cover everything you require. Therefore, you need to explore different health plans and decide on a plan for you.
If you're not eligible for Medicaid, there are other plans available. There are affordable health insurance plan options with full medical benefits that you can purchase through your state's health insurance marketplace. Some of these plans offer complete coverage that fulfills all ten essential benefits required under the Affordable Care Act. These plan essentials include:
- Outpatient services
- Emergency services
- Prescription drugs
- Laboratory services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance abuse care
- Rehabilitative services
- Preventative and wellness services
- Pediatric Services
Note that the cheapest health plan is not always the one with the lowest premiums. The best options offer coverage that meets your medical & provider access needs at the best rate. Here are your options when it comes down to the state health insurance marketplace.
- Bronze. This insurance policy offers the lowest rate. However, it comes with high out-of-pocket expenses. If you expect to have significant medical bills, this is not the policy for you.
- Silver. This insurance plan has modest premiums, out of pocket maximums, and deductibles. This coverage is the most affordable for low-income families because of its cost-sharing reductions. If you have a household income that is under the federal poverty level by 250%, you'll be eligible for reductions.
- Gold. This plan offers high premiums but lows out of pocket expenses. These plans are usually the most expensive but have the most affordable deductibles and out of pocket maximums. If you expect to have high medical expenses during the year, this is the best policy.
How to Save Money on Health Insurance
There are a few ways you can save money on your health coverage. For instance, you can enroll in Medicaid. This plan is the cheapest option when it comes down to coverage options. However, Medicaid isn't for everyone - if your income falls under 138% of the federal poverty level, you may qualify. This federally funded program offers benefits to low-income individuals at a low cost.
For more information, you can find quotes online. Other coverage options include:
- State Marketplace - For those who aren't eligible for Medicaid, consider going through your state's health insurance marketplace. Make sure you don't miss the open enrollment period if you're considering going this route. We have already covered the basic plan options up above.
- Short Term Coverage - This option is less expensive than marketplace health care as it offers low monthly premiums. The downfall is that they're only good for a few months, depending on your state's health insurance laws. Short-term policies won't go longer than one year and may not cover the same benefits as an individual medical plan.
- Aid if You're a Student - If you're a college student, look into your university's options. Many of them offer free health care to students. These packages will typically cover most on-campus medical services. The downfall is that if you become a part-time student or transfer schools, you'll lose coverage. Get in touch with your college to learn more information on health plans.
When looking for the best plan for you, remember that the cheapest health ins may not always be the right one. You want to ensure you achieve the best value coverage while meeting all your medical needs. At Beacon Point Insurance, we help you achieve just this, finding the best quotes online for your healthcare coverage!
How to Buy Health Insurance
You shouldn't ever go with the first provider that you find. Instead, make a list of expenses you need, research providers in your area, and compare plans to find the best one. Perhaps dental insurance is essential to you, or you're looking for a basic, affordable plan.
At Beacon Point Insurance Group, we will go over your options with you. By giving you the right information, tools, and support, we'll ensure you can find a plan that works for you, your family, or your business. You can get online health insurance quotes at completely no cost right here with us.
Our team at Beacon Point Insurance strives always to give you your best health insurance options. Whether you're looking at an individual plan or perhaps group plans, consider our specialized packages. We personalize your medical insurance plan, depending on your needs. Your health care package may include any of the following services:
Individual & Family Health Insurance
Keep yourself, your spouse, and your children protected all under the same plan. This comprehensive packaging will help you avoid prohibitive medical costs in case someone needs to visit the doctor. Insurances for health are only a click away! Learn more information on the best coverage for you and your family today.
Medicare Supplemental Insurance
Sometimes Medicare benefits alone aren't enough, and you have to seek other options. You want to make sure you have coverage for all situations with Medicare Supplemental Insurance and additional prescription plans. Health plans can be confusing, so we encourage you to get in touch with Beacon Point to learn about plans available.
Dental & Vision Coverage
Basic health insurance plans don't offer vision or dental insurance. As such, many individuals won't go to the eye doctor because they don't have vision coverage on their insurance plan. We will make sure your family or employees receive these benefits through plans like PPO, Traditional Indemnity, and DHMO. Get in touch with us to learn more about insurance for health quotes.
Short-Term Health Insurance
Sometimes unexpected events happen, which results in a gap in your current health insurance plan. A short term policy will make sure you have protection from unforeseen injuries and illnesses. Perhaps you've stopped working for some time and need a supplement in the meantime. In times of transition, short term coverage is an affordable option to consider. Just remember that this type of health plan is temporary and won't offer coverage for more than a few months.
Travel Health Insurance
If you travel often, consider investing in some travel health insurance. This option will protect you if an accident happens while on your trip. Plans available cover you in the case of an emergency evacuation, injury during your trip, medical expenses, trip cancellation, loss of your passport, among so much more!
Health Savings Account (HSA)
For affordable health plans with high-deductibles, you want to set money aside for medical expenses. An HSA is tax-free and rolls over every year. This policy means if you need to withdraw money to pay for qualified medical expenses, you'll never pay taxes on it. You can even qualify the tax-free exemption for vision and dental insurance. Curious about how to open up a Health Savings Account and get started? Connect with us today to learn more.
Group Health Insurance
You're sure to boost morale and productivity in the workplace with Group Health Insurance. Most of the time, the more people in the group, the lower the coverage policies will be. The business paying for a portion of the plan will help each employee feel taken care of and will reduce the overall cost paid by both parties.
What About Health Care?
People often use the terms "health insurance" and "healthcare" interchangeably. However, they have their differences.
Healthcare includes elements such as prescription drugs, emergency room visits, or preventative medicine.
Health insurance, on the other hand, provides coverage for medical plans and services. Some insurances will cover most hospital visits, wellness care, prescription drugs, and medical devices.