In the event your employee is injured on the job:
- Complete the Employer’s First Report of Injury or Disease form for all claims. Either use the “call in” reporting system or fax the original form to the insurance company. Send a copy of this form to the State Department of Industry, Labor and Human Relations (refer to the First Report for the address).
- Forward a copy of the First Report to us in the event of a disabling injury or death claim. We will follow up with the insurance company for their prompt handling of the claim.
- Contact the insurance company to question the status of a claim. If you experience delays or have questions, please contact us for assistance.
After you report the claim to the insurance company, the claims adjuster will:
- Contact the injured employee to discuss the accident.
- Request copies of bills and doctors’ reports for medical treatment administered.
- Contact you, the employer, if there is any lost time from work as a result of the injury.