Get Better Home Insurance
Home Insurance from Beacon Point
As your trusted local home insurance agency, we understand the importance of keeping your home and its contents protected, and we are here to provide you with the best information to compare home insurance.
About Our Home Insurance Services
Beacon Point Insurance provides you with an experienced home insurance advisor to help and guide you through the process of finding and purchasing the best insurance policy to help protect your home. We always strive to offer excellent and tailored solutions that are affordable. Our number one priority is to get to know you and your home, and then design a plan for property insurance with you that suits you best.
At Beacon Point Insurance, we understand that your home is one of the most significant financial investments that you’ll ever make, so we are committed to helping you find proper coverage that will protect your assets. We compare prices from different insurers to find you the best deal, and also covers everything that you need.
Where Are We Based?
We are based in that state of Missouri, US. Keep your home protected by finding the right policy with Beacon Point Insurance. Our current services for home insurance are available for residents or property owners in:
- Kansas City
- Lee’s Summit
- Blue Springs
- Grain Valley
Want to find the perfect coverage to protect your home and valuables today? Get started with Beacon Point Insurance by contacting one of our experienced advisors for a quote.
What is Home Insurance?
Home insurance, also known as homeowner’s insurance, is a specific type of insurance policy put in place to protect your house, as well as your belongings (personal property). It protects you in the event that someone injures themselves while on your property. It is usually split into buildings insurance, contents insurance, living expenses and liability.
Buildings insurance is essential for every property because it provides coverage for the whole house in the event of damage or disaster. It covers the floors, walls, and ceilings of your home. It refers to the physical structures, fixtures, and fittings that comprise your home.
Contents insurance is put in place to protect the items within your home, such as furniture and appliances. It is important to keep track of your belongings and valuables and regularly check them against your policy. If you undervalue your belongings, they won’t be covered in the event of damage or theft.
Do I need both?
A property should be insured for both the buildings and the contents. If you are a homeowner, you would generally purchase both under one policy and from one provider (a combined policy).
If you are renting your property, you should only need coverage for the contents, as the buildings should be covered by the landlord. Beacon Point Insurance can help you find the right insurance whatever the case.
Whether you are a homeowner, landlord, or tenant, get in touch today! Our insurance experts will be happy to talk to you and begin the process of finding you the right insurance deal.
What Do Insurers Pay Out For?
As a general overview, homeowners insurance may pay out on claims for:
- Damage to your home or other physical structures on the property, including your garage or outbuildings
- The loss of any personal property (such as furniture) from damage or theft
- Additional living expenses, if you have had to live elsewhere while your house is being repaired
- Physical injury that you (as the policy holder) have caused to others through an act of negligence
- High-value items for which you have additional coverage
You might be asking yourself ‘do I need home insurance’? The simple answer is yes. While it is not required by law in the U.S, if you do not have it in place, your home and possessions will not be protected in the event of an accident, disaster, or serious damage occurrence.
Beacon Point Insurance can help you find suitable coverage for your home. Get started by contacting us today. We can provide you with a quote based on the details you provide us with.
Who Should Have Home Insurance Coverage?
Home insurance is not like auto insurance: you can still own or rent a home without having cover. However, accidents in the home can happen at any time, so it is important to have the right insurance that will protect your home and valuables. It is also important to note that if you are financing your property through a bank or mortgage provider, they often require you to have home insurance in place for protection.
We offer a wide variety of home insurance coverage options, including coverage for:
- Current homeowners
- First time property buyers
- Mobile home owners
- Condo owners
Depending on which of the above categories you fall in to, you will need a home insurance policy that matches your situation. Standard policies do not cover all types of accidents and damage. That’s why you should get in contact with one of Beacon Point’s insurance specialists about tailored coverage options that match your individual needs and circumstances.
Want a tailored policy that works for your home? Get started today by calling Beacon Point Insurance. Get your quote now!
What are The Different Types of Coverage?
You can get a range of coverage for your home, and the type of cover that you need will depend on the particulars of your property and its contents. Every home insurance provider will offer you a different quote with various levels of protection. Put simply, there is no one answer to ‘what type of coverage do I need’? Luckily for you, Beacon Point Insurance is here to help you find the answer that is right for you.
At Beacon Point Insurance, we work with you to make certain that your coverage options matches your needs and your property. Our options for home insurance include:
- Property insurance
- Renters insurance
- Scheduled property insurance
- Landlords insurance
- In-home business insurance
- Homeowners liability
- Mobile home insurance
- Condo insurance
Most homeowners policies will offer coverage for standard damage caused by wind, fires, hail, and lightning strikes under the buildings insurance part of your policy. Other coverage, for contents or valuable items, will depend on the details of the specific policy that you choose.
Beacon Point Insurance is dedicated to finding and building the perfect policy for your home. This means that everything you need to be covered will be covered, and you can be assured that your home is as protected as possible. Get started today by chatting with one of our insurance agents.
How Much Does Home Insurance Cost?
Many factors can affect the quote that you receive for your home insurance policy. These may include the location of your home, the condition it is in, and the details of its construction (materials and age, for example). Additionally, your claims history and credit history will have an effect on the price you pay for insurance. The location of your house might play a part in the cost of insurance too, as insurance companies will take into account the neighborhood and crime rate by zip code. You can also save up to 25% just by getting your auto insurance with the same insurance company
Different Insurance companies will have their own methods of assessing risk, meaning that they could all offer different rates for exactly the same property. Our independent insurance advisors are experienced in working with a range of providers, so can help you find and compare the best rates.
If you want to compare house insurance in terms of cost, Beacon Point Insurance is here to help you get started. We can help you make savings by comparing hundreds of policies from different home insurance companies. The ultimate goal? To make sure that you get the very best coverage for your house at a price that you can afford with a personal home insurance comparison.
Can You Save Money on Homeowners Insurance?
If you are looking to save money on your insurance coverage, there are a number of things that you can do to lower your insurance payments and increase savings without compromising on the quality of coverage.
- Work alongside an independent insurance agent, who will help you find the best deal on the market, and build a package tailored to your needs
- Improve your home security by adding alarms and monitoring systems
- Commit to one insurer for the best rates and customer deals, but make sure you review the value of your possessions and the limits in your policy at least once a year to ensure that your coverage is correct
- Use the same insurer for both home and auto policies
- Maintain a strong credit record
- Try to make your home more disaster resistant
- Raise your deductible – the higher your deductible is set at, the lower your annual premiums will be
- Do not confuse the purchase price of your home with rebuilding costs
Remember, while it’s important to be cash-conscious and avoid overpaying for your policy, you should not undervalue your home for the sake of a cheaper insurance quote. This is because if you do need to make a claim, you may find that the insurer won’t pay out if the value of your property and/or its contents doesn’t match the limits set in the policy.
Which Home Insurance is Right for You?
The best home insurance is the one that works for you. It should offer an active policy and provide you with the coverage that you need if you make a claim. This means that individual circumstances and property details will dictate the home insurance that is right for you.
Not all policies are the same – there can be large differences in coverage and rates, customer service, and response times. To find the police that works for you, it is important to work with a knowledgeable independent agent. They will provide you with expert advice and help you to find the most suitable insurance.
Things to consider when comparing home insurance:
- What is my home really worth? It is important to think about the true value of your home and its contents, to make sure that you are purchasing the correct level of insurance. If you don’t, you may find that insurers won’t pay out if you need you make a claim. Don’t undervalue your home!
- Do I need to insure additional items? If you have expensive items kept at your home, it is worth adding extra insurance to your policy. See what add-on insurance different companies offer.
- Could I combine my insurance with auto policies? You can make savings by seeing whether you can start a home insurance policy under the same company as your auto policy.
- Does my mortgage provider require insurance, and what are the details? Most mortgage providers and lenders will require home insurance to protect their money in the event of an accident or damage to the property. It’s therefore worth checking any details that they have given about the level of coverage they need you to have in place.
Our agents at Beacon Point Insurance will talk you through considerations such as these to help you get the best and most suitable home insurance deal. We can help you get started with just a few simple details about your property. Contact us today for more information.
How Do I Start Comparing House Insurance?
We recommend starting your search with an independent insurance agent. To understand why, it’s important to know what other options are out there, and why going with an independent agent could be a better choice.
Captive Insurance Agents
Local agents often work for one specific company. These companies might include:
- Allstate Insurance
- American Family
- American National
- Country Insurance
- Shelter Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm Insurance
They are restricted in terms of what they can offer you. They may seem to be offering you choices, by they are ultimately only able to sell you the one product from the company that they work for.
Home Insurance Broker
On the other hand, home insurance brokers are not tied to any one company. They are able to search the market for insurance on your behalf. However, they do not any kind of authority with the particular company that you choose, so the service that they can provide you with will be limited, and may not be tailored to your home.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents can offer you the best of both worlds. They have authority with not one, but a whole range of insurance companies. Better yet, they are not forced or even obliged to sell you something that simply doesn’t work for you. This means that you are most likely to come away with the best deal when you choose an independent insurance agent. They work hard to understand your needs, and then match them with affordable home insurance for your house.
When you choose an independent agent from Beacon Point Insurance, you will receive the very best in customer service, so don’t go another day without finding the right home insurance with us. Keep your home and your memories protected with expert guidance on home insurance from Beacon Point Insurance.
There is a lot of terminology specific to the home insurance market This can be confusing when you’re trying to understand different policies and what they offer. Below is a list of the most common terms and what they mean.
- Deductible: Your deductible is the initial amount of money that you would need to pay out directly before your coverage can be used. It is the most common scenario for the policy holder to have to pay the deductible up front, even if the claim is not their own fault.
- Premium: This is the total cost that you pay out for your policy.
- Liability Coverage: Liability coverage insures you for any claims made against you in the event that someone else’s belongings are damaged or they are injured while on your property. This generally covers any associated medical expenses deemed necessary and reasonable.
- Dwelling: A term that describes all of the physical structures that comprise your property and the part of your home insurance policy that covers it.
- Living expenses: Additional living expenses, or loss-of-use, coverage is part of a standard home insurance policy. It pays for the costs of living somewhere else while your home is being rebuilt or repaired after a disaster. The coverage pays for hotel and restaurant bills, rent and other expenses necessary.
- Scheduled Items: These are higher-cost items or belongings that require extra coverage. These might include art or jewelry, for example. Standard home policies often place a limit on the amount you can claim per item, so you would need additional coverage for these pricier belongings.
When you talk to us at Beacon Point Insurance, we can offer further guidance on the terminology you come across and what it means in relation to your policy. You can get started today by getting in touch, and we will guide you through the process of finding and purchasing home insurance without any confusion on your part.
More questions? Get in touch with Beacon Point Insurance today – we’re always happy to help.
Home Insurance FAQ
Get Your Home Insurance Proposal Today!
Start comparing coverage for your home today with Beacon Point Insurance.
Other Insurance Services
It’s simple and easy, and you can rest assured that you’ll be receiving the quality information and advice for our advisors.
Why wait? Get started now and start making savings on your home insurance.
For your home insurance quote, you’ll need the basic details of your property type, and the zip code. This helps us begin assessing the kind of coverage suitable for your home.
Don’t forget that Beacon Point Insurance can also help with a range of other personal insurance services. This includes:
We can also help you find the best quote for medicare and health insurance policies. We can work with you to combine insurance to help you make savings.
Not a Client?
Request A Proposal
One of our insurance advisors will reach out to you to review your information and present you with a unique insurance solution, making sure you and your business are better covered for the unpredictable. There’s no obligation, just good-old-fashioned advice.