What type of insurance do I need for vacation rental?

To best protect your vacation rental property, you want a policy that provides comprehensive coverage for a range of risks associated with your vacation rental. This type of policy will protect you from losses due to things like damage caused by guests, theft, and natural disasters.

It’s also important to make sure that your policy covers secondary homes. This is because most standard homeowners policies do not cover rental properties, and most rental insurance policies do not cover short-term rental activities (30 Days or less). So if something happens to your rental property, you could be left with a denied claim and a costly bill.

That said, it’s important to note that no insurance policy is perfect. So before you purchase a policy, be sure to read through the terms and conditions carefully. This will help you understand what is and isn’t covered under the policy.

Skip to content